Classifiers in Context Program 1 – Medical Contexts
Interpreters, earn 1.5 RID Professional Studies CEUs when you complete this program.
Accessible to both Deaf and hearing interpreters seeking to enhance their skills!
Organized into Four Chapters with Practice Interpreting texts available in audio and print form.
This interactive program features a thorough review of terminology used in ASL research on classifiers as well as several ASL texts with activities, exercises and interpreting practice opportunities.
- hammertoe surgery
- broken collarbone
- leg tumor
- vision issues
- heart surgery
This program is only available online. To order, add it to your shopping cart above. At checkout, login to your account (or create an account if necessary). To access the program any time you are connected to the internet, go to www.treehousevideo.com, login with your password, then click on “My Programs” at the top of the page. You will see Classifiers in Context:Program 1, Medical Contexts in a program list. Click on the title to start the program. To earn CEUs, follow the instructions in the program.
Treehouse Video is an Approved RID CMP Sponsor for continuing education activities. Classifiers in Context: Program 1, Medical Contexts is offered for 1.5 Professional Studies (PS) CEUs at the Some Content Knowledge Level.
- Explore the different types of classifiers used in texts related to medical settings and conditions
- Learn what information they provide
- Determine the vocabulary available in the ASL text that can be incorporated into your English versions and vice versa
- Assess your ability to provide an equivalent translation in the target language
- Detect instances of eye gaze which serve as both an indicator of Role Shift and as a device for indicating location or placement of animate or inanimate objects
- Detect the changes in Viewpoint (camera angle) and Perspective (scale) evident in various texts
- Recognize the various grammatical constructions in ASL
- Assess your ability to understand a signer who may be affected by a medical condition or advanced age
- Decide if you would need to work with a Deaf interpreter in order to understand the ASL signer
Once you successfully complete the three quizzes in the program, you will be given instructions for submitting your Completion Codes and Evaluation Form. Upon receipt of this information, Treehouse Video will process and report your 1.5 PS CEUs to RID and send you a Certificate of Completion no later than the fifteenth day of the month following the month your materials were received. For example, if you submitted your Completion Codes and Evaluation form in March, your CEUs will be processed no later than April 15. The report to RID and Certificate of Completion will indicate the date your materials were received.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Please note, when you place the program in your shopping cart and check out, you will be asked to agree to the Terms of Service, including the following:
I certify that this activity represents a valid and verifiable Continuing Education Experience that exceeds routine employment responsibilities.
I understand that the materials provided in this program are not to be copied to any computers except those owned by me.
I understand that these materials are intended for the purpose of my individual study and continuing education.
I understand that I can earn no more than 1.5 CEUs for this program, and that the CEUs cannot be awarded to me until I notify Treehouse Video LLC with my RID Member Number, the Completion Codes that will appear after each quiz in the program, and an evaluation form for the program.
Note: You are encouraged to share this material with your colleagues, but please be aware, only the purchaser of the program can earn CEUs. The fee for processing one report of 1.5 Professional Studies CEUs from RID is included in the purchase of this program. Please note, Treehouse Video is the only RID Approved Sponsor allowed to process CEUs for this activity.